"By far the greatest strengths are the Christian teachers. Never have we encountered such a loving, caring group of staff members in one school. We also appreciate the flexibility to have students attend school part-time, full-time, or home-school (while still taking advantage of the after-school activities). In addition, we appreciate the light that NCA is in the greater Managua community."
-- Elementary/High school parent
A Unique Opportunity
NCA International is a unique school with an exciting task in Nicaragua. NCA seeks to train up future leaders to demonstrate true servant leadership and make decisions based on the Word of God and a compassion for their country. As a teacher at NCA International, you are given the awesome responsibility of teaching and preparing children for leadership in government, business, education, the church, and their communities. Our vision is the formation of Christ-followers who, motivated by heartfelt love for God, live as global agents of change!
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ; Evangelical Christian testimony with active local church experience
- 4-year degree in Education or "in-field"
- Teacher certification and 2 years experience recommended for all positions
- Sense of calling to teach in a developing nation setting
- Willingness to make a three (or more) year commitment
- Basic monthly stipend provided: $550 living stipend + $170 housing stipend
- Housing arrangements made by school
- Visa and residency costs while in the country
- Tuition discount for children
- Cross-cultural setting and many opportunities to serve
Teachers are encouraged to seek support through evangelical mission agencies and through local churches to cover their travel and monthly living expenses. The basic monthly stipend is generally enough to cover the in-country living expenses of a single teacher. We recommend raising additional support to cover family expenses, travel to and from Nicaragua, medical insurance, and other financial obligations.
How do I Begin?
- Watch the video (above) to learn more about our school.
- Look at the list of current opportunities (below).
- Complete the teacher application or volunteer application and submit it by email, along with required attachments, by January 30 (or later if positions remain unfilled).
- Contact your references to have them complete and send the pastoral recommendation and professional recommendation.
- If you have questions, start by reading our FAQ.
- Teacher Application (English) (Spanish)
- Volunteer Application (English)
- Pastoral Recommendation (English) (Spanish)
- Professional Recommendation (English) (Spanish)
- New Teacher Information Packet
Current NCA International Openings
NCA International is currently seeking interested individuals to fill the following positions for the 2019-2020 school year (orientation begins July 29, 2019; teacher crash course begins July 24, 2019).
NCAI School Nurse
Start Date: July 29, 2019
The school nurse is a registered professional nurse working in the school setting who strengthens and facilitates the educational process by improving and protecting the health and wellbeing of children. The major focus of school nursing services is the prevention of illness and disability, and the early detection and correction of health problems. The school nurse is uniquely qualified in health promotion, preventive health, health assessment, and referral procedures.
La enfermera escolar es una enfermera profesional certificada que trabaja en el ambiente escolar para fortalecer y facilitar el proceso educativo mejorando y protegiendo la salud de los niños. El principal objetivo de los servicios de enfermería escolar es la prevención de enfermedades y detección temprana y corrección de problemas de salud. La enfermera escolar está calificada en salud preventiva, evaluación de la salud y procedimientos de remisión.
NCAI Special Education Assistant
Start Date: January 7, 2019
The SOAAR Educational Assistants work directly with students in our school's SOAAR special education program. We are looking for one full-time assistant in this capacity.
NCAI Speech and Language Therapist
Start Date: July 29, 2019
Together, Nicaragua Christian Academy and Tesoros de Dios are seeking a speech and language therapist to serve our students with speech and language impairments.