"NCA seeks to encourage growth in all areas of a child's life, not only academically."
-- High school parent
Extra-curricular activities are an integral part of the education students receive at NCA International. The same principles and philosophy that guide the core curriculum apply to these activities. Education of students is a holistic process of mental, physical, social and spiritual development with the goal that students will:
- Acquire sufficient knowledge and skills to reach their full potential
- Develop a meaningful relationship with Jesus Christ in becoming active disciples
- Think critically from a Biblical perspective
- Apply what they have learned in service to God and humankind.
NCA International has an Elementary Student Council (representatives from grades 4-6) and Secondary Student Council (officers from grades 9-12). The goals of the Student Council are to:
- Promote a positive school climate among the students and a sense of pride in our school
- Plan and implement activities and programs that will develop a sense of community among students of different grades
- Help foster a Christian environment characterized by a focus on honoring God in all that we do
- Develop leadership abilities among all students--not just student council members
- Serve as a channel of communication between students and the faculty and administration.
Our student councils are very active in planning events throughout the year in alignment with these goals. Examples of events include our Talent Show, Intramural Soccer and Ultimate Frisbee, Box Lunch Social, Heroes of the Faith Celebration, and many other events.
Our school drama club involves students in 7th through 12th grades in the production of a major drama or musical production each year. All rehearsals are after school, ensuring that all students can be eligible to participate regardless of their class schedule. Our desire is to honor God through excellence in the performing arts. Drama productions open up opportunities for students to be involved in acting, stage crew, musical accompaniment, photography/videography, and audio/visual operators.
A Christmas Carol: Scrooge and Marley (December 5-6, 2014)
National Honor Society
The National Honor Society (NHS) is an international organization established to recognize outstanding high school students. More than just an honor roll, NHS serves to honor those students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of scholarship, leadership, service, and character. Students in grades 10-12 may be nominated by their teachers for induction into NHS. Members are involved in leadership and service projects, including the organization and management of our school's recycling program.
HACIA Democracy is an annual government simulation conference sponsored by Harvard University and modeled after the OAS (Organization of American States). Each year, the Summit of the Americas is held in a different city in Latin America and attended by more than 500 students from across the hemisphere and the world. NCA International sends a delegation of students from grades 9-12 to participate in this conference each year, discussing some of the most pressing issues facing the region and developing solutions to these problems through discussion, debate, caucuses, resolutions and consensus building. Students who will participate in HACIA Democracy have weekly practices and training throughout the school year in preparation for the conference.
Additional Extra-Curricular activities (including Community Service, Youth Group, Bible Studies and Retreats) are described on our Spiritual Growth page.