Commitment to Christian Education
According to the Bible, parents are responsible for the training of their children (Deut. 6:1-7; Prov. 22:6; Eph. 6:1-4). Nicaragua Christian Academy serves as partners with parents in providing an excellent education consistent with biblical truth. Harmony between home and school provides the best environment for godly training to take place. We seek to nurture development in integrity, respect, obedience, self-discipline, godly living, wisdom, responsibility, thankfulness, service, and eternal values.
NCA Nejapa has approximately 540 students enrolled in pre-k 1 to 11th grade. Approximately 95% of these come from Nicaraguan families, and the remaining students are children of international missionaries (from the United States, Central America and Africa).
Entrance Age Requirement
Preschool placement is strictly by student age, based on a February 29 cut-off. Students who by February 29 have turned three years old will be considered for pre-school level 1, four years old will be considered for preschool level 2 and five years old will be considered for preschool level 3 (kindergarten). First graders should be six years old. Students who do not meet the age requirement until after February 29 are not yet eligible for enrollment in that level.
Family Partnership Requirement
Part of our admissions process includes a family interview for each new family. NCA Nejapa recognizes that our ability to accomplish our mission and vision is based heavily on the level of support and partnership we have with the family of each of our students. We seek to enroll students whose families have a clear commitment to Christian education, as described above. By the act of seeking admission, the student and parents make a commitment with the school to uphold and abide by its philosophy, expectations and policies. Parents are also encouraged to provide volunteer service each year in support of school activities or development.
Available Space Requirement
Our classes are limited to 20 students in preschool and 25 students in all other levels. The primary and intentional ministry of NCA Nejapa is to provide Christian education for the children of evangelical families. All other families are welcome and encouraged to apply.
- Complete student file
- Completed and signed application
- Read and sign Family Covenant
- Copy of birth certificate or passport - Original birth certificate required for Kindergarten
- Copy of vaccination card
- Certified copy of grades from previous school
- Recommendation letter from previous school (discipline and academic performance)
- Certificate of financial solvency from previous school
- Two letters of recommendation (one from the pastor of your church or leader of the small group at your church)
- Copy of both parent's identification
- MINED identification number
- Entrance exam (Mathematics and Spanish)
- Interview with the family (interview with the student for those entering 7-11)
- Acceptance meeting with director
- Sign payment agreement
- Pay Registration Fee and Entrance Fee (non-refundable)
Non-Discrimination Policy: NCA Nejapa, in its admissions practices and policies, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, origin, age, discapacity, or any other characteristic that is protected by law